Have I told you how grateful I am for Monday Listicles? When I get out of the habit of caring for Sperk*, Monday Listicles always brings me back, gently and successfully. Thanks, Stasha.
Today’s theme is 10 Clues We Are Living In 2012. But, you know, the more things change, the more they stay the same.
5 Clues I Am Living in 2012
1. I have no landline. My home phone is my cell phone.
2. My oldest is a freshman in high school.
3. I can go an entire week without speaking to anyone, but still communicate with the world.
4. Completed my college degree without stepping foot in a classroom.
5. $100 buys only one bag of groceries.
5 Clues Nothing Has Changed Since 1992
1. My kids’ school backpacks weigh over 50 pounds each. (When will technology replace all of those binders and books?)
2. I get calls from telemarketers soliciting time shares.
3. Teens still have make-out parties in the basement and think parents do not know.
4. Watching television is still one of America’s top forms of entertainment.
5. Moms top the list as the number one most embarrassing thing in the lives of teens.
Who knows. Some of these things may change. Our school district will eventually embrace technology. Kids may have online make-out parties. But one thing that will most definitely never change: our kids' need for love and acceptance.
Go hug your baby. Or your puppy. Or go online and feed your cyber-pet.
Go forth into the new week with optimism. . . because I said so.
photo credit: m a c h i n t o y via photo pin cc