There is a great community of writers who link up every week with Stasha of The Good Life fame for Monday Listicles. This week’s list is one that I need to reflect upon regularly in order to stay focused on the important stuff. It’s all about passion.
My Top 10 Passions in Life.
2. Love. The significant other kind of love, the kind I have for my three Chihuahuas, and the world peace compassion kind of love.
3. Getting lost in or being awakened by the artistic expression of others: reading a great novel, seeing a great film, viewing an amazing photograph. . .
4. Writing Sperk*. Getting it out. Challenging myself to express it in a way that is meaningful, authentic, relatable, and concise. Getting to know my blogging community. Every week, I am astounded by the great writing I come across—writing that is powerful, funny, truthful, empowering, and inspiring. I wish I had more time to devote to it, but . . . see number one.
5. Music. It’s been my most favorite and constant companion since I was a little one. My significant other plays the bass, my older daughter sings, and my younger daughter plays the clarinet. I absolutely love when any one of them practices. iPods being docked and turned up loud is encouraged. Sharing playlists on Spotify is a must. And live music? There is nothing that compares to being in the moment and part of the energy of a live concert.
6. Education, especially early ed. Quality early learning can change the world. We need to focus on it and pay early ed professionals salaries that are comparable to teachers of elementary, secondary, and post-secondary schools.
7. Children’s Advocacy. Children are miniature people. They are not second class citizens. We need to honor their expression, keep them safe, and support them in creating their voice. If we do so, when they grow up, the world will be a better place.
8. The Pittsburgh Steelers.
9. Sharing information.. The world has become smaller due to technology. I am always blown away by the current ability to find and share information.
10. Peanut Butter. I eat it right from the jar.
photo credit: morganthemoth via photopin cc
photo credit: Vince Alongi via photopin cc
photo credit: sam_churchill via photopin cc